Melonarium Jewellery

Unity of opposites

Finally, I tried to do something more "advanced" :) This pendant was inspired by the stone- wonderful labradorite that flashes green, blue and lightly red colors. I saw the two opposite elements in it- water and fire- and I wanted to create a piece with simple, but not too literal symbols of both of them. I decided to make a tear-shape, two-layered and a bit open work base and to adorn it with three swirls on each side. Depends on the color which dominates at the moment, it can be seen as a water drop with waves/seaweed, or as the candle flame with smoke.






This is rather small, yet still the biggest piece of jewellery I made so far (2,8cm length). Soldering a bezel was a pain- I couldn't heat up the whole piece enough. When I finally did, the top of the stone setting became a bit too large- I couldn't bend it well and in result it comes off a bit. Besides that, I'm very happy with how this pendant turned out. I oxidized, wiped and polished it to enhance its construction and the details.
  •  
  •  
  •  
Unknown Unknown Author

About




Karolina Melon
Jewellery designer and maker, art & crafts enthusiast, cultural anthropologist, professional dreamer.


Read more

Let's stay in touch!

Suppliers