Melonarium Jewellery

Trinity of leaves

And finally something new- my first attempt at making Celtic knotwork pendant :) This is a triquetra, which was known in Celtic as well as Germanic traditions and later- like many other pagan symbols- has been adapted into Christianity. Triquetra has many meanings, both religious (depends on beliefs- the Blessed Trinity, the three stages of the Triple Goddess- Maiden, Mother, and Crone, and many others) and non-religious ones. As a knot without beginning or end, it represents infinity, eternity and interconnectedness of all things. Triquetra can also be seen as a promise of love, honour and protection, and therefore it is commonly engraved on the engagement or wedding rings in Ireland.




My pendant is not perfectly symmetrical, but still I think this is technically the best piece of jewellery I made so far- the knot wasn't cracking while I was working on it and the leaves are more detailed and look much better than in my previous projects. I oxidized and polished it to better expose the symbol. And I can already see tons of possibilities of using knotwork designs in the future- so exciting! :)
Unknown Unknown Author

About




Karolina Melon
Jewellery designer and maker, art & crafts enthusiast, cultural anthropologist, professional dreamer.


Read more

Let's stay in touch!

Suppliers